Alumni Lecture Series: Recovery and Relapse Prevention
A New Lecture the First Tuesday Each Month on Zoom
This article first appeared on https://www.newstartrecoverysolutions.com/alumni-psychoeducation-lecture-series/
New Start Recovery Solutions Monterey is excited to present the Alumni Psychoeducation Lecture Series. This is a new Lecture Series featuring our Clinicians presenting topics of vital interest to recovery.
New Start Recovery Solutions Monterey Alumni members can view the Virtual Meeting in the New Start Recovery Solutions Monterey Alumni App.
Lectures will be recorded for viewing later.
View / Download pdf:
Alumni Psychoeducation Lecture Series
Sept 6 @ 6pm – 7pm
Dr. Angela Chanter, PsyD
Welcome Back to my New Reality
Identity in Recovery: How to Introduce Others to Your Recovery and Changes.
Oct 4, 2022 @ 6pm – 7pm
Dr. Greg Gisla, PsyD
Depression Emerging in Recovery: Recognizing the Signs and Responding Effectively
Nov 1, 2022 @ 6pm – 7pm
Cicily Baird AMFT, APCC
Self-Destructive, Self-sabotaging Behaviors: Attachment Correction in Recovery
Dec 6, 2022 @ 6pm – 7pm
Jason Wilson LPC, PsyD Associate
How to Navigate Relationships in Recovery
Jan 3, 2023 @ 6pm – 7pm
Scott Bobrow MA, LMFT
Relapse Warning Signs in Active Recovery: How to Build and Maintain a Framework of Recovery
Feb 7, 2023 @ 6pm – 7pm
Lisa Plummer MS, AMFT
Circle of Influence – Circle of Concern: Power of Words
March 7, 2023 @ 6pm – 7pm
David Burke LAADC / ICADC
Craving Identification and Relapse Precautions
April 4, 2023 @ 6pm – 7pm
Elaine Johnson APCC
The Importance of Self-Care: What it Looks Like in Recovery
May 2, 2023 @ 6pm – 7pm
Dr. Eric Moreland, PsyD
Principles of Addiction Biology: The Disease Model of Addiction
Alumni Program Support for Life-long Recovery
At New Start Recovery Solutions Monterey – our goal for patients is life-long recovery from alcohol abuse or drug addiction.
Our Alumni Program helps our patients to stay connected with us and our community.
Friendships that last a lifetime often begin in drug and alcohol treatment. Connecting our patients with friends made in treatment – and with mentors – is one of the main goals of the New Start Recovery Solutions Monterey Alumni Program.
After addiction recovery treatment is completed, sobriety is a new way of living. An important part of recovery is ongoing support, personal growth – and learning new habits and behaviors. Interaction and companionship with those on the same journey is encouraging, uplifting and necessary.
Connecting, sharing with and interacting with others on the same recovery path is supportive – especially during early recovery. The New Start Recovery Solutions Monterey Alumni Program for those who have completed residential or outpatient addiction treatment at one of our locations provides a vital aftercare network for patients in early recovery. Ongoing support and information is ideal for long-term sobriety.
Questions About Addiction or Addiction Treatment?
Northern California Dual Diagnosis Addiction Recovery
We are all in this together!
We are dedicated to helping those in need.
Call General Admissions 866-303-6275
• Each patient is evaluated by New Start Recovery Solutions staff and receives a biopsychosocial assessment; and an individualized treatment plan.
• We use Mindfulness for Relapse Prevention and other whole person evidence-based therapies; including CBT, DBT, Brainspotting, yoga and more.
• If you or your loved one is located in Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Bay Area, San Rafael, Monterey, Sacramento, Fair Oaks, Redding, Martinez or other Northern California area – and are dealing with a drug abuse or an alcohol use disorder – welcome to evidence-based whole person addiction treatment at New Start Recovery Solutions.
• New Start Recovery Solutions is a VA Community Care Provider; in-network with TriWest.
• Our trauma-informed dual diagnosis treatment is effective for PTSD, depression, anxiety and more.